Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? SmileTutor is the #1 home tuition agency in Singapore. We pride ourselves on our operational excellence and strive to deliver the best service to our clients and tutors.
As we are rapidly expanding our business vertically and horizontally, we are looking for an Operations Manager to take over the management of our young operations team of 15-20 (mostly aged 19-29).
The role is a critical role but is one that is well-established with clearly defined procedures and SOPs. There are experienced staff and team leads who have been working with us for years and have the industry experience. Therefore, we do not need an individual with a lot of experience, but rather, someone with potential, a strong interest, and who is a right fit.
We are looking for a bright and energetic individual with a strong passion for operations management and people management.
Our ideal candidate:
-Is truly passionate about operational excellence
-Understands the importance of sales and profits as the driver of the company
-Strongly values efficiency and is a efficiency-driven person in general
-Has strong organizational skills both on an individual level as well as knowing how to keep the team disciplined and organized
-Is detail-orientated and very hands-on, willing to get your hands dirty on the nitty gritty stuff
-A very good executor, capable and comfortable with working with computers (e.g. Microsoft programs, our database, and HR software)
-Is goal-orientated and numbers-driven - believes in facts and data
-Has good business instincts, able to see things from owners perspective
-A true problem solver. Always takes initiative to come up with solutions
-Good EQ; able to empathize with team members, be a positive influence and encourager, yet able to be strict and firm when necessary (these are leadership skills, not personality-driven)
-Strong work ethic, upholds a standard of attendance and punctuality that the team members can look up to
-Ability to handle pressure and stress
-Receptive to feedback and constructive criticism (no ego)
-Able to work independantly
If you consider yourself meeting at least 80% of the above, please read on.
Job duties and responsibilites:
1. Manage a team of 15-20 in day-to-day operations (tuition coordinating) activities, be responsible for ensuring customer service and sales is delivered at a high level. This includes resolving day-to-day problems on the ground
2. Continuously conduct regular checks on the day-to-day operations, to find mistakes, loopholes, and areas for improvement. This includes allocating time to do "coordinating work" yourself
3. Conduct regular appraisals with team members to obtain valuable feedback as well as make them feel motivated and encouraged through regular communication. This includes working closely with department team leaders to continuously improve the operation flow and processes
4. Review the roles within the team from time to time to maintain strong team dynamics. This is done through discussion with directors. Also plan events, initiatives, and practices that empower team members and promote a stronger team culture
5. Plan, schedule and stabilize operations manpower on a daily and monthly basis to ensure manpower is sufficient while meeting the monthly budgets. This includes interviewing, hiring and training new and existing employees
6. Conduct meetings with downline and upline to review and improve policies, systems, and procedures, and to monitor and report operations performance
- Degree holder with Strong Leadership Experience
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office. And typing speed >60wpm
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking skills
- Good people and communication skills (coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written)
- Hard working, timely and dependable
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow instructions in detail, organized way
- Meticulous and NOT forgetful - consistently initiates follows up with outstanding work
- Openness to learning and possess growth mindset
-Please write in to rum(at)smiletutor.sg (Director) with a cover letter, telling us briefly about yourself and your background, your goals and aspirations, and what motivates you to apply for this position. Please also attach your resume and state your expected salary and when you can commence work. If successful, you will called for a face-to-face interview.